[ Japanese Medical Method
1. Nihon Kaifuku Anma (Japanese restoration therapy)
2. Tsubo Kata (external acupressure)
3. Shiatsu Kata (circulatory massage)
4. Sequi / Sekotsu kata (spinal setting / whole body bone setting, possible adjustment)
5. Ki Kata (Forms of Breathing for Healing)
6. Satsusai (Natural Healing oils/liniments)
[ Chinese Medical Method
1. Acupuncture internal and external application
2. Moxi / Cupping (external reviving method)
3. Tui-na Chinese massage method
4. Qi Gung (Breathing forms)
5. Cleansing and Detoxification Teas/Herbs
[ Filipino Medical method
1. “Hilot” – honored Healer, hands on healing art that involves intuition and massage
2. Healing knowledge is passed through generations and very protected
3. Deep tissue massage the touch is gentle – includes body/mind connections
4. Herbs and plants are distinctive to the Philippine culture
[ Island Medical Method consists of the ancient Traditional Hawaiian Island styles.
1. Hawaiian style of massage therapy is called “ Lomi-Lomi”
2. “Kupuna” – honored Elder of Hawaiian healing and Leader
3. Kahuna Lapa’au – expert in herbal medicine / Kahuna Haha – expert in diagnosing illness
Kahuna ‘Ana’ana – healer (The use of the verbiage Kahuna has been discouraged over the years)
4. Hawaiian Island Healing methods encourage the benefits of the use of the following:
Aloha – Love, sharing of life, welcome, caring and goodbye
Kokua – To share, help and cooperate
Ohana – Family unity, together
5. Island Natural medicine herbs/plants that are distinctive to the Hawaiian culture
Seifukujitsu is the restorative art of healing, developed in Japan over 1600 years ago, introduced to the U.S. by Henry Seishiro Okazaki. Seifukujitsu means to restore and balance the whole body energy system. Few martial art schools require training in Seifukujitsu to treat sprains, strains and other injuries in the Dojo (school). Due to the rigorous training in the Kodenkan Danzan Ryu system, Seifukujitsu is used to enhance the students’ performance in physical training and knowledge. The Seifukujitsu art is a restoration Kata (form technique) of healing. Seifukujitsu Kata is a distinctive and precise form re-balancing techniques for the whole body.
Benefits of utilizing Seifukujitsu therapeutic restoration massage applications are shared by both the
Giver (therapist) and the Receiver (patient).
The method of healing, I apply is practical. My goal is to address your issues, evaluate your ailments, and apply specialized Seifukujitsu techniques, sharing with you traditional self-healing ways. It is my professional responsibility to make every effort to protect the health and welfare of those who seek my service, using highest ethical and moral standards. Seifukujitsu can be applied on most everyone, requiring considerable detailed research, ongoing health science, anatomy, physiology and physical therapy techniques.
Today I share with you the arts of “Seifukujitsu – Asian Island Restoration Therapy”.
A member of “American Jujitsu Institute” (AJI) Hawaii. Chartered in 1939, Honolulu, Hawaii. The institutes objective is to preserve the arts of fighting (Kodankan Danzan Ryu) and healing (Seifuku-jitsu). Henry S. Okazaki was the foremost exponent of the Asian Healing Medicine arts. He institutionalized the Arts of Asian Healing Medicine. Wrote it down in documentation form so the members are able to share, and apply. Throughout history the institute branched out to other splintered organizations. Many of these organizations have inter-graded the methods with their new ideals. Many restructured the healing arts to accommodate to the geographic required state laws.
Members combined their personal preferences, but continued to stay within the Okazaki principles.
“Sons Of Tahoe Seifukujitsu” established in South Lake Tahoe, California, 1980
We host seminars and clinics with open topics on “Traditional Asian Healing Arts”.
“Camp Kokua” is a bi-annual yearly event sponsored through American Jujitsu Institute (AJI) of Hawaii.
Zane Sr. & Deborah Graham
1053 E. San Bernardino Ave. South Lake Tahoe, Ca. 96150